Monday 22 April 2013

How to Do a Flower Girl Hairstyle






You can do a flower girl hairstyle in a variety of different ways depending on your preferences. Find out how to do a flower girl hairstyle with help from a fashion designer in this free video clip.

Video Transcript

Hi, I'm Summer Spence. I'm a cosmetologist and I am here at the Wedding Cottage Hawaii. I'm going to show you how to do a flower girl hairstyle. To begin I'm going to section the hair into two sections, taking the top section out so it's out of my way, and then grabbing about a 2 to 3 inch section and curling down into ringlets. Once you have the bottom section curled you can spray it with a hairspray. It's best to use a working hairspray and not a finishing spray while you're styling the hair. And you're going to take the top section down and curl just like we did the bottom. So you're going to want to start with a part down the center. And grabbing with your finger about a 1 1/2 inch subsection there. And then just twist lightly back. And you don't want to pull it too tight, and you don't want it to look too perfect because we're going to have a nice soft curl look when we're done. And then moving to the next section the same, twisting, you're going to open the bobby pin and then push it into the twist like that, and that will hold it in place. And you will only need to use one bobby pin for each section. And you're going to follow this pattern all the way around the head. Okay, once you get down to the bottom and you're going to be pulling the sections up, you need to take this top portion and clip it out of your way. You can use a comb to part this. I like to use my fingers because I want it to look like a very soft, loose, messy type of an up do. Take this section of the twists that have already been pulled back and pinned, and clip that out of your way so you can start on this side. Moving along to the next section, going down the opposite side of the head. So now that I've done both sides and i twist it all the way back, I'm going to let that lip go and this top section down. Grab the curls from the ends of what's left out from each twist and lightly let the curls loop around into soft barrel curls. Grab what looks like a good curl. Wrap into a loose barrel curl with the tails coming out and then pin. And you'll find that there are other pins as you go in, and you can even hook a bobby pin into those pins that have already secured the twists. When you get down to the bottom you take that last section all in one and pull up and spray. And getting these little baby hairs into the style. Then I'm going to twist it because the rest of the hair's twisted. I'm going to let that hang back down. I'm doing the same type of a pin, crisscrossing again, this is a larger section. I'm putting one last pin in. And then spray. I'm Summer Spence and I just showed you how to do a flower girl hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment