Monday 22 April 2013

How to Make My Straight Hair Look Rock & Roll






Making your straight hair look rock and roll is something you can do in a few key ways depending on your preferences. Make your straight hair look rock and roll with help from a New York City-born hair and makeup artist in this free video clip.

Video Transcript

Hi, I'm T. Cooper. I'm a New York City makeup artist, hairstylist and co-founder of beauty and grooming business, Metro Look. Today I'm going to talk to you about how to make straight hair a little more rock and roll. As you can see my model has really straight hair and we just want to funk it up a little. So for this look you're going to need some hairspray, optional, clips for sectioning or you can use a hair tie, that's what I like to use to get the hair out of the way, a comb, possibly for teasing if you please but it's not necessary and a wide tooth comb just to get through the hair and get all the tangles out. So how I'm going to start this is I am just going to comb through her hair, all of it, just to get any tangles out. Her hair is nice and tangle-free. Then I'm going to section off like a horseshoe section on the top, about this much and bring it on over and just look at it and make sure it's kind of even, kind of where you'd want it to be, there we go. I'm good with this much. So I'm just going to twist this hair and clip it just to get it out of the way. I'm going to take this hair and I'm going to put it away in a hair tie. This is optional, if you can work around your hair, God bless you but her hair is pretty long so I just don't want to get anything all mixed up. So you want to take the hair on top, take it off this clip and I'm going to comb it forward. I'm going to give it a spray and I'm just going to gather this and back comb it on the top just to create some texture and volume. Make sure you keep the hair on the outside, this needs to be smooth because that's going to show but this isn't so you just want to kind of like back comb it, rough it up, gather the hair and bring it back and kind of like give it a little twist right here. And then you can kind of build the shape, see how you want it to look. I'm going to twist it to the bottom and then tuck it underneath right here and I'm just going to tuck it under and we're going to pin it. You can crisscross your pins just to make sure that your style stays nice and secure. I'm going to pin it here and I'm going to pin it at the side just to make sure that it's going to hold nice and secure and then now you just take your hairspray, you tug at it and you just kind of work with the shape. So you smooth it in areas that it needs to be smoothed, tuck it in areas that needs to be tucked. This is all about customizing a look for yourself. Anything that's poking out, just comb it or brush it over, it will be fine, let the rest of the hair out and let it fall to the side. And now you've got punk rock hair. I'm T. Cooper, and I just showed you how to make straight hair a little more rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment